The operator of the www.leetchi.com Internet site (hereinafter referred to as the "web site"), is Leetchi SA, a public limited company incorporated under French law with a share capital of 817.278 euros, with its registered office located at 4 rue de la Tour des Dames, 75009 Paris, France, Paris Commercial Register N° 511 361 073, hereinafter referred to as "the Partner", a member of the Leetchi Group.
The Operator is required to respect your private life. Consequently, we would like to inform you of the manner in which we collect, use and transmit personal data (hereinafter referred to as “PD”). This Declaration of Confidentiality describes how we process the PD that we collect on the site. This Declaration does not cover the collection, use or transmission of information by third parties by means of other Internet sites or channels other than electronic. We reserve the right to update these data protection clauses by publishing a new Declaration of Confidentiality on our site. The latest update can be found at the end of this Internet page under the “Update” tab.
Any modifications to our confidentiality clauses take effect at the time of publication of the updated Declaration of Confidentiality on the site. Notwithstanding this provision, important modifications to our data protection clauses liable to lessen the protection of your PD already transmitted will only come into effect on receipt of your formal acceptance.
Personal data collected by the Leetchi group
PD is information that enables a private individual to be identified. At the time of registration as a user of the web site we collect your first and last names, date of birth and e-mail address. In the event of creation of a money pot, we may collect the PD of people other than the organiser. When a money pot is created, the organiser indicates the eneficiary’s first and last names. When he/she requests the transfer of participations, the beneficiary enters his/her bank details (Account IBAN N° and SWIFT code) and his/her address. When the electronic money is transferred to the beneficiary by novation with a change of creditor, we may obtain the first and last names of the beneficiary, his/her address, date of birth and e-mail address.
Until the user has transmitted the following specified documents required by Leetchi to verify his/her identity, the user will be subject to the following limits:
- A total limit of 2,500 euros in electronic money, corresponding to all the user’s participations during the same civil year;
- A limit of 1,000 euros reimbursement in electronic money during the same civil year.
On receipt of the following documents, provided Leetchi considers them to be satisfactory, Leetchi can cancel the limits applicable to the beneficiary:
- A copy of a currently valid official identity document: A national ID card (back and front) for European Union citizens and a passport for users outside of the European Union.
- If the recipient is not the actual beneficiary of the funds, the identity of the veritable beneficiary, together with a copy of his/her identity card or passport if a foreigner and, as appropriate:
- If considered necessary by Leetchi, a document evidencing home address.
Use of your personal data
The Partner uses PD mainly for its commercial relations with you pursuant to and/or in the context of our contractual relations. We can use your PD for the following purposes:
- to answer requests by you concerning, for example, your user account or a money pot you are organising or in which you are participating or relating to a payment order carried out;
- to provide you with important information on the site, modifications made to our general terms and conditions, give you instructions and/or other administrative information;
- to provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you on products, programmes, services and promotional operations (subject to receiving your agreement on this matter);
- to enable you to contact other recipients of our services by e-mail;
- to enable you to take part in games with prizes, competitions and other promotional operations and manage these activities, some of which involve additional rules liable to contain information on the way we use and publish your PD;
- to personalise browsing when your are on our web site and propose personal offers;
- for internal administration purposes, that is to say, the analysis of data, revisions, development of new products, improvement of our site and services, identification of trends and verification of the efficiency of our promotional offers;
- to detect and avoid possible misuse or fraud.
Sharing of data with third parties
We reserve the right to transmit PD to third parties for the following purposes:
- to companies in the Leetchi Group for the provision of our services.
- to external service providers of the Partner for web hosting purposes, data analysis, IT services, online ordering services, the implementation of surveys, for electronic mail and social networks, the processing of payments and management of credit cards and other services of the same type;
- subject to your authorisation, to enable these third parties to provide you with information on products, programmes, services, communications and promotional operations they consider liable to be of interest to you;
- to enable you to be identified by the recipients and participants in the money pots organised by you and anyone to whom you provide information on the web page;
- the organisers of games with prizes, competitions and promotional operations of the same type in which you take part, the general terms and conditions of which you accept.
- if you post PD and other information yourself via services accessible on the Internet (such as forums, chats, walls and blogs, as well as community pages where you communicate and can access products and other services). Please note that any personal information that you post or publish via these services (for example, photos, messages, comments and videos) becomes public information to which all visitors to the web page or the general public have access.
- in the event of restructuring, a merger, sale, joint venture, transfer, hand-over or other provision of all or some of the sectors of activity, assets or shares (notably in the context of insolvency or other proceedings). In this kind of case the Declaration of Confidentiality will remain fully in force.
- only to the extent authorised (a) by Acts and law applicable in this respect; (b) as far as necessary in the context of a dispute (c) to answer questions put by the Authorities and Administrative Departments, including Authorities and Administrative Departments situated outside your country of residence (d) to apply our commercial conditions, (e) to protect our operations (f) to protect our rights, confidentiality or property and/or the security of property belonging to you or third parties and (g) to establish legal recourse or the determination of damages.
We will inform you sufficiently ahead of time of plans to communicate your PD to a third party if these plans require your authorisation, which you will have the possibility of giving or refusing.
Each time your PD is communicated as indicated above to third parties residing in countries outside the European Economic Space, we will ensure that communication complies with this Declaration of Confidentiality and current legislation.
Entity responsible for processing data
The Partner is responsible for compliance with Directive 95/46/EC relative to the protection of personal data. The other companies in the Leetchi Group indicated below are only responsible for processing the data, pursuant to this Declaration of Confidentiality. Should PD be communicated by another company in the Leetchi Group, which is responsible for processing it, this company is also considered as a processing organism. Since the Partner merchant indicated in this document is designated as the Responsible entity, this liability is also incumbent upon every company in the Leetchi Group.
Our service providers and ourselves may ask you to supply other information such as your IP address, MAC address and the make of your computer, its screen definition, OS version and the Internet search browser and we may collect information by means of cookies, pixel and web tags to offer you information tailored to your needs and simplify use of the site. We and our service providers may also collect other information such as demographic data concerning your town, city or country, as well as certain PD so that neither you nor another user of the web page can use it to identify the final product or assess the percentage of our users by pre-selection of the location determined.
Third-party web sites
This Declaration of Confidentiality does not apply to data, information or other third-party elements. We decline any liability in this respect unless we make the PD that you have communicated to us available to these third parties. The existence of a link on our site does not imply a relationship between ourselves and our affiliated companies and the site associated with this link.
It is possible to use third-party payment services to pay for services. If you make a payment by the intermediary of these payment services you will be re-directed to the payment service site concerned and not to our site. Any information you put on the web page of this payment service is subject to the instructions of this payment service and not to this Declaration of Confidentiality. We do not exercise any control over these payment services and do not assume any liability as to the use of the information collected by these services on their sites.
If you pay with a credit or debit card issued by a bank located outside the European Union, the data relative to your payment may also be sent to this country to process your payment. By communicating to us the details of your credit or debit card, you expressly declare that you agree to the transmission of information concerning your payment to this country situated outside the EU.
We take appropriate measures to protect the PD you entrust to us. Unfortunately, there is no 100% guarantee of security concerning the transmission of data over the Internet or by computer systems.
Declaration of confidentiality relative to the use of Google Analytics
Our Internet site uses Google Analytics, a Google Inc. web site analysis service (hereinafter referred to as "Google"). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, that is to say text files that are recorded on your computer and enable the use of the Internet site to be analysed. The information generated by cookies concerning use of this site is generally transmitted and recorded on the Google server in the United States. In the event of activation of the anonymization of the IP address on this site, your IP address will be abbreviated beforehand by Google within Member States of the EU or other members of the EEC.
Your IP address will only be fully transmitted and abbreviated by Google in the United States in exceptional cases. On authorisation by the web site operator, Google will use this information to assess your use of the site in order to generate reports on site activities and provide other services linked to use of the site and the Internet for the site operator. The IP address of your browser transmitted in the context of Google Analytics is not linked to other Google data.
You can prevent cookies being recorded by means of a setting on your browser. You can also prevent general data being collected by the cookie related to use of the site by Google (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by downloading and installing the plug-in available on the following link [The present link is http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de].
Recommendations for using the Facebook link (the "Like" button)
For our part, we have integrated an interface with the Facebook social network: the Facebook connection is: http:/developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins
When you click on “Like” when connected to your Facebook account, you can add the content of our web pages to your profile, which enables Facebook to link your visit to our site to your user account. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that, as the site access provider, we do not know the content of data transmitted to Facebook or the way in which it is used by Facebook. For further information, please refer to the Facebook data protection instructions on http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php.
If you do not wish Facebook to link your visit to our site to your user account, log off from your Facebook account before logging on to our site.
Selection and access
You are entitled to revoke your agreement to receive electronic communications from the Partner and/or other companies in the Leetchi Group (“opt-out”). You can also contact us by e-mail at any time to revoke your agreement to the transmission of your PD to third parties by the Partner and/or a company in the Leetchi Group for commercial purposes. In any event, you can verify, correct, update, prohibit, erase or cancel our use of your PD by contacting us by e-mail. In this case, please clearly identify the information you wish to modify, revoke or cancel, specifying whether you wish us to erase your PD from our databank. Moreover, please indicate to us the restrictions you wish to impose on us for the use of your PD.
The Help function on most browsers will indicate how to prevent the use of new cookies, be advised of the receipt of a new cookie or how to refuse them completely. You can deactivate or cancel similar functions such as the flash cookies used by add-on modules by modifying the settings of your browser accordingly or going to the site of the creator of the add-ons. However, cookies enable you to take advantage of certain necessary functions on our site and we therefore advise you to retain them. Otherwise, some functions will be deactivated when you visit the site.
We keep your PD in memory for the period required to comply with this Declaration of Confidentiality, unless a longer period is imposed by law.
Please do not send or communicate any sensitive or personal information on our site (such as your social security number, information on extraction or ethnic origin, political leaning, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal record or trade union option).
Leetchi group companies
The following companies are part of the Leetchi Group:
- Leetchi SA, the operator of the Leetchi.com web site, a company incorporated under French law, with its registered office located at 4 rue de la Tour des Dames, 75009 Paris, Paris Commercial Register N° 51136107300022;
- MANGOPAY SA, issuer of the electric money registered in the money pot, a public limited company incorporated under Luxembourg law, with its registered office located at 59 Boulevard Royal, 2449 Luxembourg, Commercial Register N° B173459.
To contact us
- If you have any questions on this Declaration of Confidentiality, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updated on (Indicate the date) 2014