MEKONG ELEPHANT PARK
WE DID IT!!!
It is with great pleasure and emotion that we may announce that thanks to your kind support and contribution, Mae Bounma is now fully part of the Mekong Elephant Park family.
It is all thanks to your generosity, through online donations, through direct donations, through visits to the park, through your help in spreading the words. It is thanks to YOU.
You have directly sponsored to her happiness and we could not have done it without you. Her new life now will be all about friendship, being part of a community and having fun in a natural environment.
Thank you again on her behalf and we, as a team at Mekong Elephant Park, will make sure to keep fighting for every elephant we can!
BUT OUR WORK IS NOT DONE!
We strive to keep fighting for every elephant we can, to educate and raise awareness about elephant preservation for both locals and tourists. There are still many elephants out there suffering the same hardship that Mae Bounma has gone through, and we want to put an end to as many sufferings as possible.
Of course, we can’t do this without your help. Unlike Thailand, in Laos, no elephant sanctuary is supported by public subsidy. Your support would help contribute towards:
- The preservation of the Asian captive Elephant: Today the species is critically endangered
- Allow us to undertake reproduction initiatives: Only one elephant calf is born for every 10 that die
- Save others elephants from the logging industry by offering alternatives to mahouts and their elephants
- Provide supplementary foods and needs
- Cover veterinary expenses (drugs, transport of the team, …)
Any donation is more than appreciated but just as spreading the word by sharing this link or visiting us.
Let us all work together and give the elephants back their life.