Floga - Parents Association of Children with Cancer (https://www.floga.org.gr)
Floga (flame in english) was established in 1982 by parents of children with cancer, as well as doctors, nurses and psychologists of the oncologic department of the General Children's Hospital of Athens Panagiotis and Aglaia Kyriakou. Floga's mission is:
- to support children with cancer and their families,
- to strive for the best medical, mental and social care for them,
- to share their fears and anxieties, and to support their struggle in every way.
Floga's main goals are:
- Institutional framework governing the child's care.
- Pediatrician training in oncology departments.
- Adolescent care in pediatric hospitals.
- Psychological support for families.
- Clear and honest information to the parent.
- Social care.
- Informing the public about pediatric cancer.
There is no question why this is an important cause. Any contribution will be appreciated!
Floga - Parents Association of Children with Cancer