Community Safety Patrols
Welcome to the Oadby Watch money pot.
First of all, we'd like to thank everyone for joining and participating in our fast-growing community. Your participation contributes to the efforts in keeping our community safe and reduce crime by keeping everyone informed of what's going on in the area.
As a community, our key objectives are,
- To reduce crime - by improving security, increasing vigilance, creating and maintaining a caring community, reducing opportunities for crime and increasing crime prevention awareness.
- To assist the Police in detecting crime - by promoting effective communication and the prompt reporting of suspicious and criminal activity.
- To reduce the fear of crime - by providing accurate information about risks, and by promoting a sense of security and community spirit, particularly amongst those most at risk.
- To improve police/community liaison - by providing effective means to notify co-ordinators and key contacts of local crime trends, and by members advising the police of incidents when they occur.
In the past month, we have,
- Increased Police and Community collaboration
- Committed to the safety and security of the area by performing regular patrols
- Created a forum (Telegram Messenger) for easy communication to help everyone
- Set up an intelligence database to record suspicious activities and reports to 101
- Purchased Neighbourhood Watch signs and attached them to 25 locations around the area
- Purchased Hi-Vis jackets for residents on patrol
To further bolster the tremendous efforts, we are now requesting an investment to fund the following equipment,
- Neighbourhood Watch signs - already attached to lamposts around the area
- High-visibility jackets - used by residents on patrol
- Custom metal Oadby Watch signs - a visual deterrent to anyone seeking to commit crime in the area
Please take a look at the updates below for a breakdown of the donations and spend to date,
Oadby Watch Admin Group
Bdbdjd Djehsjd contributed
Brian Berry contributed
Minesh Patel contributed
Jo Johal contributed
Vishal Mehta contributed
Kanagaratnam Jeyapalan contributed
Maksood Ahmed (MAX) contributed
Jit Singh contributed
Rakesh and Trushali Kotecha contributed
Bhavin Pandit contributed