Welcome to the Oadby Watch money pot.
First of all, we'd like to thank everyone for joining and participating in our fast-growing community. Your participation contributes to the efforts in keeping our community safe and reduce crime by keeping everyone informed of what's going on in the area.
As a community, our key objectives are,
- To reduce crime - by improving security, increasing vigilance, creating and maintaining a caring community, reducing opportunities for crime and increasing crime prevention awareness.
- To assist the Police in detecting crime - by promoting effective communication and the prompt reporting of suspicious and criminal activity.
- To reduce the fear of crime - by providing accurate information about risks, and by promoting a sense of security and community spirit, particularly amongst those most at risk.
- To improve police/community liaison - by providing effective means to notify co-ordinators and key contacts of local crime trends, and by members advising the police of incidents when they occur.
In the past month, we have,
- Increased Police and Community collaboration
- Committed to the safety and security of the area by performing regular patrols
- Created a forum (Telegram Messenger) for easy communication to help everyone
- Set up an intelligence database to record suspicious activities and reports to 101
- Purchased Neighbourhood Watch signs and attached them to 25 locations around the area
- Purchased Hi-Vis jackets for residents on patrol
To further bolster the tremendous efforts, we are now requesting an investment to fund the following equipment,
- Neighbourhood Watch signs - already attached to lamposts around the area
- High-visibility jackets - used by residents on patrol
- Custom metal Oadby Watch signs - a visual deterrent to anyone seeking to commit crime in the area
Please take a look at the updates below for a breakdown of the donations and spend to date,
Oadby Watch Admin Group